Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

My daughter sent me a link to this site by Jerry Seinfeld.

I think I remember reading about it a few months ago, but I never checked it out.

It reminds me of David Steinberg's Inside Comedy on Showtime. The premise of both are conversations with comedians.

Both are truly entertaining if you like getting a glimpse of how comedians think and their vast experiences as they improved upon their craft.

On Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Jerry picks up a comedian, drives him in a vintage car, could be one of his or not, to a place for coffee.

I love Seinfeld. His spin on life is so interesting. He notices the mundane, questions it and then does the unspeakable and shares it with us all. I find myself going "YES!" I've either thought the same thing or now that he mentions it…..

What I can appreciate now is his respect and reverence for either the talent of his guest or the skill of the craft of comedy. It truly is refreshing to observe his appreciation for his companion.

I know the piece is edited, but I believe it is unscripted and for those brief, chosen comments you do get a look at the individuals, as if you were in their presence for coffee.

That would be on my bucket list, to go to coffee with a famous person, comedian or not, and hear their stories. I'm sure I would do a lot of listening because I can't imagine they would want to delve into the life of a teacher, working or retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment