Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In the Last Three Years

I've made some changes.

The first was my eye shadow.

I stopped wearing it.

Who noticed when I did? It's behind my glasses and as my lids are drooping, no one could tell I ever put any on.

So scratch that off my morning routine.

Second, mascara. All it did was smear when I went to the chiro or for a massage. I left looking like a raccoon and people were too polite to say, "Uh, perhaps you should check a mirror."

And then the tips of my mascaraed eyelashes would glide over my glasses and create black marks.

A hassle.

Another routine gone.

Then there is the under eye concealer. I would like to forgo that routine and I do sometimes and I bet people can't even tell. The circles under my eyes just get darker and darker. This is so hard to understand because I get more sleep now than I ever did, so this myth about dark circles being linked to no sleep needs to be debunked.

The other theory is that it is genetic. I'm sure that's my case, but I'd like to know which ancestor I can blame. My dad doesn't have dark circles, big puffy under eyelids, but not dark circles. I don't think my mom did either.

Hmmm, who am I going to blame for this?

The benefit of my genetic make-up, concerning make-up, is lessen my morning routine and cosmetic expense.

There is a great freedom that comes from just putting on some moisturizer, foundation (have to have that to cover this aging face, and a little blush for color.

The funny part is I bet no one has ever noticed I made a change. So that either tells you I wasn't that good at putting on make-up or there is no help for this face anyway…..

No comments:

Post a Comment