Thursday, March 6, 2014

You Missed a Photo Opportunity

today, had you been walking or driving past my house.

You would have seen the garage door up, my car in the garage, the passenger door open and my feet dangling out.

It didn't look like I was cleaning the car.

It didn't look like I was dead.

I'm sure it just looked strange.

Because it was.

I had gone to the grocery store and when I came home to open the trunk to retrieve the groceries it would not open. I punched my fob again and again. I tugged on the trunk. I pounded it down. It was stuck.

Fortunately my back seats fold down so I opened one and started to pull out my sacks when I realized the handle of one of my recyclable sacks was jammed in the lock of the trunk.

So I unloaded the items, put them in a new sack and stuck my head and torso inside the trunk.

You know that safety latch, that is supposed to open the trunk if you get stuffed inside by the mafia, who are out to kill you unless they get ransom?

Well, it doesn't work when a plastic bag handle is wrapped in its throes.

I hope no one from the mafia is reading this or they will now know how to prevent their victim from escape.

So, after lots of tugging on both the sack (which ripped up rather nicely I might add) and the safety latch and pushing on the trunk lid, I did manage to open the trunk; all while laying on my stomach, in very confined quarters, with my legs dangling out the door.

A very attractive pose I might add.

There are several morals to this story.

1 - Don't trust a safety latch.
2- Even though you don't want to check and recheck before your slam down your trunk, it really is a good idea. (drat, my parents were right!)
3 - It's dark inside a trunk.
4- If you are going to have to crawl inside a trunk it is better in the winter when there is not as much traffic past your house.


No comments:

Post a Comment