Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another Binge

Last spring/summer I binge watched the Sopranos on HBO.

My binge this year is The Good Wife on CBS. My daughter in law is to blame for this one. She so innocently asked if I had watched it (no) and replied with those ever inticing simple words, "It's pretty good."

So here I am on Season 2.

And she's right, it's pretty good.

However it's 23 45 minute episodes and there are FIVE seasons.

That's a lot of iPad watching.

But I watch while I clean, while I cook, while I get ready in the morning. It does make the time pass by.

I always think you can learn from fiction, maybe not FACTS, but certainly social and psychological bits. And in this show the lead characters are lawyers. I do really enjoy how the females react in the situations. They are calm, they are collected and they don't emote much. It's rather refreshing and actually models an ability to be assertive without resorting to hysterics. They keep the topic on point by constantly referring to the facts and ignoring the sidelining comments.

I think we could all learn a lesson or two here on how to deal with others by sticking to the point and smiling the whole way, keeping that poker face and not letting your cards show.

I'll let you know if I still feel this way after 90 more episodes, whoa, I think we are talking addiction here!

No comments:

Post a Comment