Saturday, May 17, 2014

Weighing In

I don't know about you, but I hate weighing in at the doctor's office.

I will wear my lightest clothing and practically strip at the scale, just to shave off as many pounds as possible.

Always I wonder, does it really make a difference?

Sometimes when I come home I will weigh my shoes, or before I go I will weigh myself with my shoes on and off on my own scale to see the difference.

Sick, I know. What difference does a pound make?

Well, a lot in my estimation.

For example, if you weighed 99 pounds, 100 is a big deal. This is of course is not my problem, but if it was is all I'm saying.

So lately I've been doing a little experiment and I will weigh myself before I go to the bathroom and then weigh myself after.

Your bladder holds about a half a pound.

Were you aware?

So now I have two things to be conscious of before I weigh in. Light clothing AND an empty bladder.

Unfortunately I don't think my doctor ever even looks at my weight, unless it varies by ten or more pounds.

However, I know, and after all it is all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment