Monday, August 18, 2014

Outlander

I read some of the Outlander books years ago. After a certain point I grew tired of the characters and never finished the series.

The first book is now on Starz, in an original series.



The main character, Claire, does some time travel from the 1945 to the 1743. In a recent episode she had to change from her 1940s attire to a dress in her current fashion of the day in the 1700s.

She put on a dress similar to this -


She wears a roll, similar to a smaller Boppy nursing pillow, around her waist to allow the skirt to flare and stay upright. While I may not find the style attractive I have decided there are some advantages to this fashion.

1. I think the "Boppy" pillow is to allow the air to circulate and offer some respite from the heat for the lady.

2. It is a marvelous way to hide the hips. No one has any idea as to the size underneath. I love it. I'm thinking we should bring this style back. I could look slim and svelte. All those size 2 women would have no advantage and we would probably all be buying the same size. How easy to shop!



No comments:

Post a Comment