Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mornings

I am a morning person, even though my mornings don't start as early as when I was working. I do my best thinking in the morning, my activity level is higher. It just seems as the daylight fades so do I.

Thus every day I have a dilemma. I want to do EVERYTHING in the morning.

I want to write in the morning.
I want to blog in the morning.
I want to take a walk in the morning.
I want to do yoga in the morning.
I want to have appointments in the morning (to get them over with)
I want to make calls in the morning.

Well, you get the picture. I want to accomplish everything in the morning and quite obviously there is no time.

So instead of pacing myself throughout the day I'm discovering if I don't get it done in the morning, it doesn't get done.

I have got to make some changes. I'm on my fourth year of retirement and I must let go of all those habitual rituals I created when I was working. They no longer apply. But somehow I feel like those habits have settled intrinsically and man, it is difficult to overcome their permanence.

So that's my retirement goal this year. Develop a new pace. Or accept a new pace. Or just plain accept change.

No comments:

Post a Comment