A musical talent was an area I did not frequently assess and I was amazed when I discovered that one student dropped her PhD program to go for her passion.
I saw Danika Holmes when she was starting out four years ago, then maybe again two years ago and again last night.
She certainly has grown as an entertainer. I was able to see her before the performance and she is just as sweet and kind as her eight year old self.
What was disappointing was the crowd. She came back for a fundraiser for her former high school's Fine Arts department. I didn't see many students or parents of that age student in attendance. I know she worked with some kids earlier in the week, but I still feel support looks like a physical presence as well as a financial one.
However that could not ruin my evening. It was a wonderful event and a wonderful feeling to be part, however minuscule, of her life.

No comments:
Post a Comment