Friday, November 7, 2014

What I Brought Home

with me from my travels was a cold and laryngitis and just feeling like YUCK!

So I took advantage of my want and desire to nest by watching some television.

I had read Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout a few years ago and while I do not recall a great deal about the book I do remember I did not like Olive.

 And Frances Mc Dormand plays her perfectly in the HBO mini series. I still didn't like Olive, but I feel I understood her more and began to appreciate her frankness. Sometimes wouldn't it be nice to be able to say exactly what you wanted and not care about the other person?

When a crisis hit, instead of analyzing it, getting emotional about it, or belaboring it, Olive would demand that everyone forget about it and move on. She wasn't about to indulge in any pondering or self-pity. Again, a good tool for some of the time, but not for all of the time.

It certainly is a mini series worth the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment