Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's the Little Things

in life that make us happy.

I used to say that all the time at work. It wasn't that I wanted more money (although I must admit that would have been nice), but it would be little things that made me content at work.

Like, I didn't need to ask permission to go to an appointment.

Like, I would be given time to plan.

Like, we could leave early on holidays.

Like, we could wear jeans to work.

Small things. Things that did not cost.

But alas, this simple gesture does not compute with those in power.

And even in retirement, it is the little things.

Waking up every day healthy.

Meeting friends.

Having all your brain cells in tact.

And being with my granddaughters. And when I saw these carts at the grocery store, my heart sort of pinged at the thought.

What I wouldn't give to shop with my granddaughters and let them push this little cart.

I have all the time in the world to shop with them.



It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment