Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I really

don't need another series to get attached to, but I LOVE the new Larry Wilmore Show on Comedy Central.


His show centers around one topic. Selma, Bill Cosby, American Sniper, etc. A current issue. He addresses the issue in a Daily Show format, using video to support his point and then like Bill Mahr, has a panel to discuss.

His perspective is fresh and from the viewpoint of a black man. It's wonderful to have such a voice on television, to give us a 360 view. His panel is also very diverse, from a variety of work and life backgrounds.

He plays a game a the end of the discussion called Keeping it 100. It's so interesting. He asks a hypothetical question geared to each guest and they are to keep it 100% real. The questions relate to the topic of show and to the specific interest of the guest.If they are what seems to be honest they get a Keeping it 100 coaster, if not the crowd may boo and he hands them a bag of weak tea. Just as you learn so much about a person when they answer the query, "Who would you like to be alone with on an island?" You learn a great deal about the inner workings of these individuals.

So I now have a ritual. Each night after dinner I watch my recordings of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore. It is truly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment