Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Observations

It's been 33 years since I've been around a two year old so consistently.

It all comes back.

The curiosity.

The "NOs"

The negotiations or better yet the ability to distract.

The language.

Aven speaks very clearly and has quite a large vocabulary, using it contextually correct. I am amazed. I had forgotten about the intriguing development of the spoken word.

On Monday we Face Timed with her uncle and cousin. Later in the day my phone was ringing and I said, it's your uncle.

In the exact tone that this word implies she said, Again?

It cracked me up.

And it's the laughter she produces in me that I love the most. 

Why, why, why do we, as adults, let go of the imminent fun and joy life brings? It is true all you have to do is watch a child and know that joy does exist. It just gets buried underneath the self-imposed burdens of life.

And just think soon my family will get to enjoy another life here in Colorado and in a few months in California. It doesn't get better than this.

And yes, no baby yet.....


1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean-- I spend the whole time laughing at the things the girls say! I easily make my "laugh quota" on those babysitting days. :)

    ReplyDelete