Yesterday I took my dad to his doctor visit.
It's always the same.
Every time we walk down the hall from the entrance he says, "Do you think they could have put the office farther from the door?"
And every time I drive down this one street he remarks, "You better watch your speed. Your mother once got a ticket driving too fast on this street." (That was over 45 years ago)
This time I changed the batteries in his hearing aids and one of them was squeaking. I asked him about it but he didn't notice a thing. I think it meant the batteries weren't working because when I would try to have a conversation with him I had to repeat everything, twice.
Except on the way home he was nodding off and all of a sudden he popped his head up and said, "What was that?"
I don't know I think maybe it was your walker hitting the window in the back.
"I don't think so it sounded like a loud squeak."
Are you sure it's not your hearing aids?
"No, no they are fine."
And he put his head back down. And the hearing aids were still squeaking.
I've decided I need to start writing our conversations down because they are becoming quite humorous.
No comments:
Post a Comment