This weekend I binge watched Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.
It's a harmless, fun comedy, but I think some of the acting seems rather trite and amateurish. I can't say I am impressed or deeply engrossed, but I love Fonda and Tomlin.
Jane and Lily play the wives of husbands who are law partners and as it turns out, lovers. So the men leave the women for each other. A cute premise and since they are playing people pretty darn close to my age, it makes watching intriguing trying to figure out what the writers think would be the situations our age group would be in.
i can't say it will be up for any awards, but as entertainment it fits the bill. Besides I love watching women of AGE working. It shouldn't be all the younguns' getting the good parts.
You go, girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment