I've always felt it is the little things in life that make one happy. Tons of money does not necessarily make one happy or happier. Nor the status or title of a job.
This last weekend I had one of those little thing experiences.
We had gone to a movie and were having a late lunch, early dinner when Natalie texted did we want to meet them for an early dinner. No, but we could have a glass of wine while they ate.
So we met them at this cute little restaurant and the look of pure joy on Aven's face when she saw us, was ever so touching. Imagine that, Gg and Grandpa were eating here too! You would have thought it hadn't been 24 hours, but 24 days when she last saw us.
It was with the greatest pleasure that I drank my wine and held my granddaughters. I've waited years for such a simple amusement.
It's all good.

No comments:
Post a Comment