Sunday, July 19, 2015

Trainwreck

This year I've watched Amy Schumer on Comedy Central. She's taken a fast rise to the top of the comedy world as of late. I think she is a strong voice for women, albeit a little raunchy, too honest, sex humor sometimes.

We went to see her first movie venture, Trainwreck, last night.




She wrote the script and Judd Apatow directed. It was funny in all the parts that I think Amy probably had directorial or writer advantage. Then slowed down in the parts where I am assuming Apatow put in his stronger, male influenced director chops. Maybe if she had had entire control…. But I guess she probably has to pay a few more dues to get there.

Fresh Air recently interviewed Schumer and Apatow. It was great to hear the honest and serious conversation about how the movie came to be.

If you haven't watched her show, Inside Amy Schumer, you've got to give it a try. But more than once. Her humor can be a bit off putting, but once you understand her satirical spin on what women must endure you find it hilarious. And quite apt that someone has the center stage to make it public instead of us all thinking these thoughts quietly in our heads or phone conversations with our best buds.

You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment