is a challenge for the three year old, even though they don't know it, but most especially for the parents.
I have two three year old granddaughters and they are showing their age.
My CA Miss is physically active. That's her strong suit. She is so coordinated and her response in every situation uses her physical prowess.
Take going to bed. She loves to undress herself in bed. In the middle of the night. No matter the temperature. So her mother had to search for "houdini" pajamas that zip up the back.
Well, she's three now and her parents thought it was time to wear 'regular' pajamas.
I think they may have been pushing the event too soon because in the middle of the night she removed all of her pajamas and pull-up, then peed in the bed, and then like any conscientious person removed all of her sheets and pulled them to the hall.
At 1 am, which then required a visit from a parent.
Oh to be three.
Then a few thousand miles away her cousin, who is extremely verbal and uses this strategic skill to get her out of many situations, was being put to bed.
She will not remove her clothing, but she will not remain in bed. She hates going to bed. So her daddy places her in bed and stealthily goes downstairs for what he assumes will be a relaxing hour before he falls asleep.
Meanwhile I am upstairs in my room and to my surprise at 7:50 in the evening my door opens and a little voice says, "Gg, can you rub my back?"
So I take her downstairs and Daddy hears the pitter patter of little feet (and big feet) and discovers us heading to her room. He allows Gg to rub her back.
Ahhh, done.
Until 12:33 when my door opening awakens me from a dead sleep and a little voice says, "Gg, can I sleep in your bed?"
I text her mother as to the situation and run her downstairs.
Done. Until 2:00 and the door opens again. "Gg, can I sleep in your bed?"
Back down we go. Again I text and this time Mommy comes in the room to give the "You must stay in your bed" directive.
And that lasts until 4:00 and in comes the pitter patter of little feet, "Gg, can I sleep in your bed?"
Well, she wore me down and I let her sleep with me and bright eyed she awoke at 5:47 am.
Oh, to be three.
No comments:
Post a Comment