Monday, October 26, 2015

Cardiologists

There are two kinds of cardiologists. The electrician (electrophysiology) and the plumber (general). I imagine because the heart is such a complicated machine they had to divide up the knowledge.

I see both. And in Iowa the cardiologists I saw were male.

Which begs this question; Is it gender or the state of Colorado that is creating such a different cardiology experience for me?

Because here I have seen two women.

They have given me more information than I have ever received about my condition. They are thorough and exacting as scientists (my Iowa males were also) however these women have asked me more specific questions, leading to more specific answers and possibly a different outcome.

How is one to know what to tell when a doctor says, "Anything else?" if there is no guidance in what they are looking for?

So is it because these doctors are female? Are their bedside manners or their personal skills or their empathy different than with males?

Or is it the makeup of the population in this state of Colorado? Iowans tend to be very conservative. Colorado, at least in this area, more liberal.

I'm not sure I will ever know the answer, but I do know that the majority of my doctors I have lined up are female.Only one is male.

I love active research.

No comments:

Post a Comment