Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Snow Day

Today we had several inches of snow, maybe up to eight inches, I'm not really sure.

We didn't go anywhere.

It was actually rather nice and you'd think I had plenty of time to post, but I found my time occupied rather easily with lots of other things. My husband, who has not had a Snow Day in 40 years found himself enjoying the day also.

He did a lot of reading.

I did some yoga, made and froze a lasagna for my family next week.

I did some sewing alterations for my granddaughter.

That was a comedy in itself. I brought my sewing machine with me. It sits on a shelf above the washer and dryer. I got it down and placed it on the table, which also serves as our desk. It was rather crowded.

I needed a seam ripper to take out some elastic and make it smaller to fit my granddaughter's teeny little waist. I packed scissors, thread and no seam ripper. (I actually noticed this yesterday and had to stop and buy one.)

So I used my new seam ripper and my machine to make the alterations. Then I needed a needle and thread to make a repair. Did I remember to bring a needle? Nope. And I wasn't going to go out for that one small item when I had an embroidery needle stashed in with my thread. It was too large and not at all appropriate, but I'm flexible and resourceful, right?

Then I asked my husband to replace the sewing machine on the shelf. He did. However the box that contained the thread could not be replaced next to the machine because he failed to realize that in our teeny tiny place EVERYTHING has a very SPECIFIC place. So together we put it all back together again.

And before we knew it, it was four o'clock. The day just zoomed by and we never left our 678 square feet.

Tomorrow we will venture out because I'm sure the sun will start to melt the snow. By Saturday it is to be 50 degrees.

I just love knowing how temporary the snow is. Truly, here you just wait one day and the weather really does change.

No comments:

Post a Comment