Everyone ( a figurative term) has one or two dogs in Colorado. I knew there were a lot of dogs and dog owners from my prior visits, but when you live in multifamily housing and there is a larger concentration of people and dogs you become more aware.
Even when we meet people living in our 55+ community one of the first three questions they ask is if we own a dog.
Now I love dogs. I'm not a cat lover. However once our dog passed we chose not to get another dog because we were traveling to see our children and we couldn't stand the thought of boarding. Dogs take a lot of work and time and devotion and we wanted our freedom.
I really did think I would get a dog when I retired, but for all the above reasons I did not.
And even though I am in dog country I am still not moved to gain a furry housemate, but I do love being around dogs. And believe me the dogs here don't stay home.
We see dogs in restaurants. In grocery stores. Sitting on the lap of the owner in car dealership waiting for the oil change. Evidently there is no banning of dogs. Anywhere.
And I repeat, I love dogs, but I am amazed at the liberties dog owners are able to take with their pedigree or mutt. These are not therapy dogs. These are family member dogs. These are citizens of Colorado.
So, if you want to take your furry companion everywhere, I know just exactly where you should move.
No comments:
Post a Comment