Saturday, February 6, 2016

Traffic in LA

is the worst. And it is not just the freeways.

It took my Uber driver 40 minutes at the 1:00 hour on a Thursday to get me home from the beach. It should have been a 15 minute drive.

I had a conversation with two mommies in the preschool pick up line. They all live on the west side of LA ( as does my son). The one mommy said she and her husband had dinner reservations in Beverly Hills. They were taking Wilshire Blvd, a main drag. It took them an hour to get there, again should be a 15-20 minute drive.

There are masses of cars everywhere. Unlike NY people don't taxi it here and mass transit is not as efficient or prevalent as in NYC. So there are millions of cars on the road. These mommies said they just don't want to leave their neighborhoods and I can understand why.

I also know why everything and I mean everything can be ordered online and delivered.

I don't know how they stay sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment