Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Iowa

is almost in the center of the US and as I'm living in another state I'm realizing that almost everyone is related to someone from Iowa.

Iowans are the center, everything emanated from there. (Or so runs my current theory.)

And here's how I can prove it.

We were at Happy Hour with a group from our community and we were sharing stories from whence we came, why we came, how we plan to be…

And this very friendly woman shares she is from Iowa originally and moved out here in 99 with her late husband. He was an ISU professor.

Then she shares her grandson will graduate from high school here in Colorado and has a full ride scholarship to Coe College in Iowa.

I inquire how he chose Coe and she says his mother, her former daughter-in-law is from Bettendorf.

So I ask the name and what results is that her grandson's mother is my former student.. She was in my VERY FIRST CLASS.

Thus, my theory. Everyone starts in Iowa and it all unfurls from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment