I arrived home last night at 8:30 and my driver (Ed) picked me up. Once in the apartment I transferred my dirty underwear to a new suitcase (to be washed in LA) and the CA clothes I had set out prior to going to IA.
Voila, I'm packed.
And at 9:15 this morning my driver, same guy, will return me to the airport for my next trip to LA.
I've never done this before so we'll see how I handle it.
My dad was good, stronger. His mental and emotional facilities are great. It's just the physical. His legs bothered him to walk (arthritis, knee replacements and a broken leg at 76) so he exercised less and less. Well now he just sits and you know what happens if you don't use it...
It is so sad to observe assisted living. You can't help but project and well, I just don't like to go there!
However today I am off for fun and laughter and all that comes with the joys of being a child.
In fact my rock star grandson is preparing for my visit...

No comments:
Post a Comment