It was powerful.
She was interviewed for about a half an hour, mostly telling stories from her book.
But the Q and A was the most bonding. Women asked questions and told their stories and Gloria just encouraged each one. Sort of a "we are all in this together" attitude.
Numerous times it came up as to why we criticize each other, instead we should celebrate our differences. She said as she has traveled she would listen to people and she has learned so much that has altered her preconceived notions.
And I couldn't agree more. I think it's what I've enjoyed most about meeting new people, hearing their stories. Fascinating the lives of others. I just love it.
When it was over the lady next to me said, "I feel inspired." I agreed and I said,"I feel powerful."
Taking me back to 1972 and Helen Reddy's I Am Woman.
ROAR!

No comments:
Post a Comment