Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What I Love

about California is the weather.

Sunny and 70 every day, really????

And the diversity. anything goes. Everybody accepts everybody or so it appears. Lots of cultures melding in families and neighborhoods. I just love it.

The food, of which I always rave, continues to be number one on my list. You can get anything. All dietary needs are met somewhere within a block or two of every street.

Now on to my DO NOT LIKE list -

the cost. I don't know how some families can survive with the expenses of living in LA. Everything is higher than anywhere else (other than maybe NY).

Traffic. I cannot believe how you can be stuck for an hour or more driving a distance of one or two miles. Blows my mind.


I take Uber a lot to and from the airport in LA and I so enjoy speaking with the drivers. I love to find our their backgrounds, how long they have lived in LA and why they stay. Because they ALWAYS talk about the high cost. They ALWAYS mention the crazy traffic. Many have never lived anywhere else in the US and have only heard about other areas. But in the end for most it comes down to the weather. The just love the consistency of sun and warmth.

I don't blame them.

But I came home to sunny and 60 and I gotta say, it's not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment