Sunday, December 11, 2016

Second Time

Last night was our second time having our Colorado granddaughters for a sleep over.

They are very comfortable with us, don't fuss about missing their parents, but the sleeping part is still a little frazzled.

The four year old is not a good sleeper in the first place. So if you put in her in bed and walk away, at some point she returns. So we settled on having her sleep with me, Grandpa would sleep on an air mattress in the Office area and the 22 month old would be in the Joovy in the Guest Bedroom.

Well the four year old is quite an orderly person. When she arrived she immediately set her bags in our room.








Then while I was reading to the 22 month old, she put a glass of water at her bedside
















She also arranged her sleep area.















Then at some point in the evening she decided my Santas were not properly placed. Here is how I had them -


And her line up -



I love watching their traits and personalities develop.

So as we settled in for a long winter's nap (I went to bed with her at 7:30) I hoped for a good night's sleep.

Ha ha.

The 22 month old is a good sleeper, but just not at my house, because at 4:30 she awoke crying. I waited a few minutes, hoping she would settle down, but after about five I could hear her stomping and jumping and crying in her Joovy. I knew that meant there would be no going back to bed.

And because the four year old was sleeping with me...yup she woke up too.

And there was no way Grandpa would catch any more zzzs, so we were all fed and dressed by 7 AM

I hope they nap today and I'm off to try the same for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment