Well, a few days late, but none the less on to another year!
This will be our second full year as a Coloradan. We are very excited by that. Last night we attended a Happy Hour with several of our neighbors and I am always so entertained and thrilled by the conversations and the knowledge I gain from meeting these people.
We were all commenting last night on how difficult it is to remember first names, forget last names, but as a teacher I feel I have a leg up on everyone. I can memorize names rather easily. I used to have my 27 students memorized by the end of the first day. AND this is a great way to ward off dementia...
After my kiddos left last week I had a cold and felt rather out of it for a week, but perhaps that was the best as I stayed home and played around a lot. This week I don't have that excuse so I'm going to be doing some much needed examining of boxes that remain in our basement.
Yesterday I started. I had three or four boxes of photos. I love all my photos, but this house doesn't lend itself to the collage arrangements I had at our prior home.
What to do?
Gonna need some time to think on that one.
Then I opened a box of sewing supplies. Things I had had for years.
Now this is a dilemma.
A) I don't sew that much any more.
B) My sewing machine is in a closet that I have to drag out to place on the dining room table to use, not very convenient.
C) Thus I have NO storage for these items in this box, other than the box.
D) So what did I do? Nothing. Boxed them right back up and maybe on the next cleaning of the basement I will pitch them.
A basement is nice for just that reason - a place to put things you don't know what else to do with.
No comments:
Post a Comment