In high school I envisioned college life. In college I envisioned working. Marriage. Having children. Empty Nesters. Retirement.
At each stage when I 'arrived' it wasn't always as it seemed.
So now I am in retirement and my vision before I 'arrived' was there would be all this time on my hands. I would read a lot. I would have all these groups to keep me busy. I would putter around the house or the yard.
And it hasn't quite turned out that way. And I'm not complaining.
Now that we have moved closer to our children and grandchildren we do LOTS more with all of them. LA is just a short and often cheap flight away, so why not go. What is stopping me? Do I really need to stay and sweep the porch?
Some of the friends I've met here in this new community think that all I do is travel. And it sort of seems that way, but there are many here who are just like me/us. My husband and I are of the philosophy that if we are healthy and able, let's go. There will be plenty of time for my vision of hanging around the house or going to a neighbor's to play a card game.
So with all that said we were home four days and are off again (yesterday we flew out) to LA.
Our son has some house projects for his father to assist and his wife had to be out of town for the week for work so I'm going to help with the kids. Not that he can't handle it alone, because he is a great father, but more so because they asked and we can. So why not?
I love this flexibility. I love this new life.
Be open to anything for you never know what is around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment