Monday, August 7, 2017

Unabomber

I love to read David Bianculli's blog, TV Worth Watching. His choices seem to coincide with my interests.

Recently he recommended Manhunt: The Unabomber on the Discovery channel. We started watching it. Very intriguing, especially the mind of Fitz the FBI agent who had to profile the bomber from his notes, manifesto, targets, locations, etc. I am in awe of how this was accomplished and saddened by the agent's obsession, which controlled his life.

In our community I have met a woman from the east coast. Her late husband was in the CIA. She tells how he couldn't talk about home at work nor work at home. He was really wary, vigilant about certain safety concerns and always wondering who was watching.

I'm not sure I could live like that or with someone who worked in that environment. I believe we owe a lot to our public servants who, whether in military or government security, devote so much of their lives for the betterment of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment