I like going to a zoo and seeing animals, but can't say I like them in my backyard.
In our last house we had our share of raccoons and possums and deer roaming through, but they appeared at night when I was safe and sound in my bed.
In the area where I live now our development is at the edge of town. Makes sense. Who has room to build 520 homes in the middle of the city?
So there is wildlife around us.
And I'm talking more than bunnies.
There are snakes on the trail and some of them rattlers.
There are coyotes.
And on trails in the foothills there are bears.
Oh my.
One of our residents is from Maryland and his job was a wildlife biologist. He is constantly out taking photos of the charming critters whose homes we have taken over.
He takes fantastic photos. Look at this owl, with head turned 180.
I've seen him on the trail with his zoom lens and mountain of patience.
He also warns of varmints lurking.
Here is a raccoon trying to live on a street near us.
He also told us of skunks and snakes on the trail.
I do appreciate the warning.
While I do love living in Colorado and I love my house and my neighborhood, perhaps I should have thought about the wildlife?
Some of my neighbors have coyote whistles.
Others that hike a lot talk about bear spray.
What was I thinking?????



No comments:
Post a Comment