Sunday, November 26, 2017

Whoa

It's been a while since I've posted.

I'd like to tell you it's because I've been super busy, doing super fun things.

This would be a lie.

Last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving I went to the doctor because I had been feeling  lousy for two days. And I mean lousy. I had a 102 temp, body aches, oh the list goes on.

She did a swab test and I tested positive for the flu. And I had a flu shot. Sometimes this just happens, was not comforting. I thought I was protecting myself.

Alas, no.

So I missed Thanksgiving. We postponed to Friday thinking I could make it, but just showering lest me exhausted.

Here are my granddaughters waiting at the door to greet me, even though they knew just Grandpa was coming. A made the signs. The picture is of her on the left, me on the right. The photo became blurry in transfer, but she has the details of her sweater in her drawing. I don't own a turquoise green striped tunic, but maybe she desires I add color in my life.





When you are sick you can appreciate being well. Yet I don't think we acknowledge good health enough. We may get annoyed at small, routine tasks, but when you can't perform those simple tasks, it is all you desire.

So here's to good health for us all throughout this holiday season!





1 comment:

  1. Remember our flu shot experiments at Jefferson?! You would get the shot and I wouldn't...then we'd see who got sick. Mark Hermanson always said that wasn't very scientific, haha!

    ReplyDelete