Monday, March 5, 2018

Kindergarten

My granddaughter is in Kindergarten and two days I drove to pick her up.

Her school is about two miles away. You drive on Sunset Blvd (sound familiar from movies and tv?) It takes about ten minutes to get there, but the way home is a totally different story.

Her school is released @ 2:50 on MWF and @ 1:50 on TTh There are probably about 500-600 students at her school and the parents do pick up. Imagine the cars. It took me 40 minutes to drive home on Wednesday. Thursday it was half that.

And on Wednesday when I had the kids buckled in the car (parked about three blocks away) she says " I really have to go to the bathroom." Oh man...The entire 40 minute drive home I kept looking for places I could stop. But we made it safe and sound.

On Thursday when I picked her up we purposely stopped in the bathroom for the ride home. Then she was skipping to the car and I said, "Gee, you have a lot of energy."

Well, you would too if you were at my school. We have to sit all day long and my teacher reads really long stories.

We did discuss she has two recesses, but for a five year old that is not enough.

Then in a prior conversation she and I had been discussing my fitbit and how I needed to get lots of steps in every day.  So when we are in the car discussing her school she says, "Gg, if you were in my school you would probably only get FOUR steps all day."

LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment