It's raining and raining and raining today; needless to say we had inside recess which can be an experience in itself. However the most hilarious moment I had was when I came home to walk my granddog. He's very smart and I'm not just saying that because he's MY granddog.
He spent 9 hours in the house today with no one to let him out and when I came home he was excited, running around, jumping, VERY happy to see me (Ed always acts similarly, I have that affect on people.) So I got the leash; he's still excited (I'm now talking about Bailey) and I open the door and he realizes it's raining. He hates the rain.
He balks,
I pull,
he goes,
I yank,
he does a quick business and runs to go back to the house,
I pull,
he tugs,
I pull harder,
he digs his heels in
and since he is only 10 pounds I manage to win. (The only win I had all day.)
So now I'm walking fast and heading toward the bandshell and he has no choice but to come. Soon I notice that he is walking BEHIND me. I start to laugh hilariously.
I am blocking the wind and rain for him. Is he one smart dog or what????
And remember what I told you about the win? Well, I take that back. He never did his SERIOUS business and now we've got to tug it out again....smart...smart...smart..and he's trained me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment