So, here I am, Betty Crocker of the 50s in her 50s making a heart healthy red lentil soup. A perfect fall dish. So I'm using my very professional Rachel Ray knife and chopping the onion, sauteing like I'm on the Food Network and then let it all simmer with smells of warmth and goodness and love wafting through the house.
Ah, what a homemaker am I.
Then I am going to complete the soup, the final touches! So I need to place half the soup in the blender or food processor and then return to the soup. I choose to use my blender because it is easier to clean and I'm tired of being Betty and I want to be a blogger and surf the net. So I place the soup in the blender, hold the lid down and POOF! Off goes the lid, hot soup splashes on my neck, red lentil soup squirts everywhere. And I mean everywhere, on my shoes, within a five foot radius on the floor, on my brand new OBAMA shirt(it's a solid BROWN, not tie dye!), on my neck on my chin; oh man and I chose the blender so clean up would be easy!
So thinking that I didn't have the lid down tight enough I do it ONE MORE time. Can I spell idiot? Yes, and I can DO idiot too.
Now for the part where you learn from your mistakes (and I just need to make DOUBLY sure I made a mistake, I guess).Anyway, it's not about the lid. It's about the VOLUME in the blender. Small amounts, a cup or so at a time are of the essence.
Then I realize my neck and arm sting. Then I realize I had hot liquid in the blender, on my neck, on my arm. So I grab some cold packs out of the freezer, hold them on my neck and my arm AND clean the floor and the counter and the shoes and the bananas sitting nearby. I'm sorry I couldn't manage a camera and show you that too, but it was hilarious.
I've been thinking of what kind of blog is not out there. I think I just discovered it and here's the title: How did you ever make it to where you are?
No comments:
Post a Comment