Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In this time of Diversity

I think my class needs a little help.

As I walk them to Music today and they walk in the classroom, Girl S says,"Bye,bye, Diana. Bye, Diana!" (waving)

So I call her from line and say, "Did you just call me Diana?" And so innocently she nods her head.

"I'll see you at noon recess."

NOON RECESS:

In comes Girl S and I ask her to write me a note of apology. She does and low and behold, it was NOT her fault! Student A (I've written about him before....) has told her, really DARED her call Mrs. Bodnar Diana OR he would bully her. And did you know he ALWAYS bullies her AND he has done it since Second Grade.

So we had a chat about Student A and I said he and I would talk.

FAST FORWARD;
I call Student A out to the hall, confront him, and he denies it all. (SHOCK!)

I call out Student S. Make each tell our little triad each side.

Student A, my semantic scholar, absolutely denies he TOLD her to say Diana.

Once pushed he does confess he may have been saying "Diana, Diana" and if Student S picked up on it, well what can one do? But he DID NOT, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT say he would bully her and how does he know this? I quote:
"Student S, I have had a terrific memory since I was four. Some days it is better than other days and today it happens to be perfect. (pointing to head) And I did not say that."

She denies his perfect memory, but he's sure it is perfect, especially today.

So I insist that someone is continually fabricating to me and that one of them should write me a note with the truth.

So after school I get this from Student S:

Dear Mrs. Bodnar,
I'm telling the truth. I was quiet and when I was in 2nd grade I had my ear's fixed because I could not even here a thing. And I was confuised.

Your student, S

P.S. I don't no if I still am?

Is that not a stitch? I also want you to know that this same student had her brain operated on on Saturday, but came to school on Monday with no visible symptom of brain surgery. Perhaps that darn ear problem has confused her again.

So, in this time of diversity, with a new President of the US, life goes on in 3B.

No comments:

Post a Comment