This is the latest book I'm reading. I've had it for quite some time, a friend gave it to me, and I've started it and stopped and never really felt like digging in. It's thought provoking and this week I guess I thought it was time.
It's all about finding out who we really are. Do we really know ourselves? You can fluff it off, but it truly is a question to be finding the answer to at some point.
I was struck when I was reading that the world we have created is based on logic and rational thinking.(I just took Sternberg's Triarchic Theory of Intelligences and I am an Analytical Practician, don't I fit the mold!) And that logic creates some holes because it is or it isn't with nothing in between. For our happiness we need to be letting our emotions guide us and passion point to a purpose.
So we've had clues along the way about our purpose and I do strongly believe that our choices in life shape our life and they are OUR choices and we can blame no other. But when we are 22, 32,42,52,62 we make choices based on that time and is our purpose at each of those times the same; leading us towards our happiness and passion in life?
Throughout my life I think I've had my purpose in mind as I've made decisions, but when I look back I can see I made those decisions for the wrong purpose, at least for the purpose I have in mind now. Confusing, isn't it?
At the very least it is good food for thought and comforting in many ways. We have to learn the lessons we need to learn so we can grow. There is no escapism.
To tap into our "higher" self is truly a mission in life. It's hard to wrap your mind around it.
I found this video with a reading from this book. The footage may be trite, but the words are the focus.
Go and BE
true to your higher self,
true to your happiness,
true to your passion,
true to the YOU you want to
BE.
No comments:
Post a Comment