Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh


My first born, the one I practiced parenting on, turns 32 today. This is his favorite childhood photo.

I have no favorite, I love them all.

At 1:25 am on February 6th, this is what was given to Ed and I.



He was absolutely the cutest baby I had ever seen. (When Natalie arrived she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen, but more on her in May!)

Ed and I were devoted to him as we learned to live together as a family and we are still learning to live together as a family. It never stops.

Once Josh's colic stopped, at about 6 months! (Years later I learn from Ed, who learned from his mother, who did not share at the time, that Ed was colicky. AH HA! So that is why he was so fussy...genetics!) Then Josh turned into this mild mannered, shy, quiet child. He loved to play with his Hot Wheels.



And ride his bike.




He loved our dog, Snuggles.



And now, today, he has Olivia that he loves, work that he loves and I can only hope for his continued success and happiness.




I've loved every moment, every year, every stage of his life. He has given me nothing but joy (well, there were a couple of times..)


I admire the skill set he possesses. His communication skills are to be applauded. He finds it easy to talk with anyone. I love his creativity; his "gut" sense of what will work and how he creates what he does at work is beyond my imagination. When he's your friend, he's your friend for life; when he loves you, he loves you for life; his loyalty matches none.

I love it when you see your child become an adult and you like the adult that he has become. I can take credit for only so much and he can be credited with the rest, for he has worked hard to become who he is today. And his upcoming marriage to Olivia will only enrich his and our lives even more.

There is so much to look forward to.


Happy Birthday Josh and many, many more.

I will love you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment