And how do I know this? No, it is not due to a standardized test score or a Math unit test (actually the class does well on those).
I know this because of Josh's birthday.
On Friday I said to the class, "Today is my son's birthday and he is celebrating in Hawaii."
There were a large number of oohs and aaahs and then someone called out, "How old is he""
My response, "32"
Then Student A, the little guy I write about so frequently, who thinks I am 20 or 23 depending on the day, says,"That must mean you are about 28."
And really, he's a good student.
Then another student, also quite bright, says, "No, she must be in her 30s."
Maybe they can do Math, they just don't know how to THINK.
However, no matter their skills, I win in the end...28, 30's...I'l take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment