Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers

I always wanted to be a mother. I never knew why until I was a mother.

It's the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me and ever will.

I love my children more than I love myself. Therapists would probably have a few fun sessions with that one, but it's how I feel.

I have loved my children from the second I saw them after their birth.
The second.
I can remember looking at their tiny little faces and features and thinking, we created this child. I mean, how miraculous is that? To look at a baby is to know there is a God.

A mother's love does have to do with the fact that the child is from our bodies and connected to us by the umbilical cord. And when the child grows and leaves home mothers still feel that umbilical pull. We yearn for our child's touch, embrace, smile or voice. Given any one of those things will carry our spirits through entire days.

I have laughed with my children, I have cried with my children, I have ached for my children and I have always, always, and will forever, love my children.

And even today, even this minute, whenever I see them, I smile and I thank every higher spiritual being in existence that allowed me to share this space on Earth with them.


Natalie and Brad and Bailey stopped to see me today.


Josh and Olivia, the other "chlldren" in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment