Sunday, August 9, 2009

This Time of Year

I am continually amazed at the events that have happened in my lifetime; truly altering events; historical, write down in the history book events, and these three days of August are part of that historical time.

On August 8th 1969 The Beatles did their famed Abbey Road album. I remember it. I know those songs. And in 2000 Ed and I were at Abbey Road. How could we be in London and NOT go there. The Beatles were synonymous with our youth, our era. So here is Ed walking Abbey Road.




I am by the Abbey Road sign.



And this is the wall outside Apple Studio (now Abbey Road Studio) that fans still grafitti in honor of the history made there.



And a personal note, ever since the Beatles arrival in the States, Paul has been my favorite.


Then on August 8, 1974 (two days before Ed and I were married) President Nixon resigned. Here is video of the five minutes before his speech.



The resignation would become effective August 9th and forever I knew that on our anniversary I would always remember this truly powerful moment I observed.

Here is Nixon stating when he would resign.



And then on August 10, 1974 Ed and I were married, but more on that tomorrow!

A final note. Here is my horoscope for today, totally fitting -
"Document your life. Any story worth telling is worth writing down. When you put pen to paper now (or fingers to a computer keyboard), you will be completing a cycle and finding truth, beauty and sense in your life thus far."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment