Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Only with Kids

My job has its humor and yesterday was one.

Student Z is coming in from noon recess and about five kids are tattling on him for pushing, shoving, all those "He started it." conversations.

My student teacher was doing the listening and I was trying to avoid it for about the millionth time in my career.

About two minutes later when I look for Student Z in the room I ask her where he is and she replies, "I don't know, but he's on my shit list."

So I go to check a student's first hiding spot - the bathroom.

And there he is talking to someone.

And in my stern teacher voice I say, "C'mon, let's get back to the room!"

And in the typical, only a child could say way, he says,"I"ve gotta wash my hands! I just had diarrhea!"

Well, I backed off on that one because I certainly did want him to wash his hands and I chuckled as I walked back to the room and told my student teacher I could see why he was on her shit list.

Just another day in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment