Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Happy Birthday!

Today is my brother's birthday. (I've included my sister-in-law and nephew in the photo because they make him look good!)

He is five years younger than me. Our sister is four years younger than him. (I think there's a math problem in here.)

One of our (the three kids) favorite childhood stories is the story of Roy Rogers (Duane) and Dale Evans (me) and a gullible victim (my sister).

It goes like this:

We had a larger refrigerator box that we were playing with. So we stuck our sister inside, told her if she did when she came out she would see Dale and Roy. We twirled the box around several times until I'm sure she was quite dizzy and then let her out.

There was Roy (in hat, probably spurs, and a STICK horse) and Dale (skirt? and cowGIRL hat. I'm not sure I had a horse, you know how women were treated on the range, lesser citizens).

And my sister bought it. Hook, line and sinker. I think she just found a few years ago that we had pulled one on her. (not really)

So there are a couple of interesting points here.

1) My sister was REALLY gullible or so dizzy she was almost unconscious.

2) I was a tad LARGE to be Dale, considering our ages.However how would my sister ever know that Dale wasn't larger than Roy? They were always on horses. And our Roy was on that stick horse...)

My sister was probably 2, making my brother 6 and me...11. Now what was I doing as an 11 year old playing this stupid game with them???? The only way I can save face is to say that perhaps I was babysitting them....

So that is my best story about our childhood. We recorded the retelling on dvd when we were all together last summer sharing memories.

Happy Birthday, Duane. It can never be that good again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment