Don't copy.
Isn't that what our teachers told us?
Well, we have two programs at our school that are interesting over the issue of copyright.
The first is a spelling program that I believe our district has created.
The title: ispell
Cute name, based off iphone, as I'm sure you've put together. I don't know that it is a copyright issue, but it could be. I bet Apple has the market on the lower case i before words.
But here's the second point. It's a spelling program for elementary aged children. And I must say that I do A LOT of reminding about I should ALWAYS be capitalized.
So we have a SPELLING program labeled ispell.
I'm just sayin'
Second program our entire state has IS a copyright issue. There is this behavior intervention program called Positive Behavior intervention (there's that small i again, popular little guy) System
We've been using it for about four years and our school and the state has referred to it as PBS.
Get the connection? PublicBroadcastingSystem
Guess they are not happy with the same acronym and they have a copyright on it. They are threatening to sue. What, the entire state?
So now we must use PBiS.
Say it fast.
Yup, you got the picture....
No comments:
Post a Comment