Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday.
She may not want her age told, but she is old enough to know what she wants. And I'm glad one of the things that she wanted was my son. She has been a blessing to him and to us. We wouldn't have a complete family without her.
I will forever be grateful for the three and half years that I have been able to get to know her while she and Josh lived in Chicago. The time she was tolerant of my visits will always be a gift and very, very fond memories.
Olivia is such a comfort to be around. I can't even begin to describe how even tempered she is, how tolerant, how accepting, how easy going. She is just EXACTLY what Josh needs as he can be the exact opposite. I think that's why he's in the creative field, he has high highs and zooms to the drama for an effect and Olivia laughs at his antics (which makes him feel good and puts him in perspective) and she comforts him when he gets to the "sky is falling" part of his life and points out that Chicken Little was totally basing this on hearsay.
I know she is anxious for the settlement of their life in California, back to her roots, even though she is from northern CA and not the LA area, but she looks upon this move as a challenge and a new page, as does Josh.
I have such joy and comfort in knowing that she is sharing her life with Josh. I have such love for them both. I cannot even begin to express my appreciation for all she has done for my son and our family.
It is with great pride and love that I wish Olivia, (oh, what a beautiful name; next to Natalie), a wonderful, content, satisfying and joyful birthday and upcoming year.


No comments:
Post a Comment