Friday, December 3, 2010

I am in Love

with fresh figs.

I've never eaten fresh figs.

I don't even know if I can buy them around these here parts. Us folks in the Midwest are just a little out of it.

I bought some fresh figs in Chicago at Whole Foods.








I've made three recipes with them.


One I found in Oprah Magazine. We made it at Thanksgiving with dried figs and it was just as good as with the fresh, but when you have the real thing.....






Second I did an internet search and found this recipe. YUM! You can really taste the freshness of the fig,  and while I wasn't sure if I should add the honey and balsamic, you must. Oh, so good. I'm making these at Christmas.

And lastly I made a GFF fig newton. Ed even liked it and he wrinkles his nose at almost every GFF dessert.



Now I must find out where I can buy fresh figs locally.....

No comments:

Post a Comment