Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Big C

I just finished watching the first season of The Big C, starring Laura Linney and I am officially starting a fan club.

Wow, it was powerful. It begs the question, How would you live your life if you knew the end date?

The writing is smart and funny and poignant and sassy and real. She says the things I want to say, but can't because it would hurt someone's feelings or is not politically correct.

When I went to the site I read the writer's blog and found it to be fascinating, reading how the writer's think about the characters. The show was created by Darlene Hunt,
 which as a name meant nothing to me, but when I looked her up on Imdb I recalled her from a variety of shows.

I am in awe of writers who know their character so well that they can see the journey they must take and know how to get them to the end.

Oh, if you have five or six hours to spare and can find the episodes...it is very worth the while.

And I'm bummed, I have to wait so long for Season 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment