Today Ed turns 59!
I like it that he goes first in birthday order between the two of us; it sort of prepares me for July.
As I type this on the eve of his birth he is upstairs putting in wood flooring in our hall and one of the bedrooms. Even though he would tell you right now that he hates doing this work, he really does enjoy home repair projects.
And he is so good at it. I don't think either one of us knew this when we got married. He just started when we were dirt poor and could only get things done if we did it ourselves.
Ed is a great parent. Ed loves our kids so much. I couldn't have parented without him.
It's so true that opposites attract. He is the yang, the male, the creative of our relationship.
I have learned so much from Ed. He has the attention to detail, I'm more the big picture. Ed sees color, shape, and hue. He is so much more spatial than I am. I am the analytical, logical one. I am the communicator, he is the quiet thinker.
He loves his computer, even though he mostly checks email and watches dance videos. He LOVES to dance. He loves it way more than I do and I like it. I'm so happy we have found an activity that we can do together because we have such diverse interests.
Happy Birthday, Ed, and I wish you many, many more!


No comments:
Post a Comment