A few things I took away from this lecture, which was based on abundant love, are -
- Abundant love bubbles up inside you and gives off itself. It just flows out of you. There is no guilt or any other associations with it, it just comes from inside.
- No one can abuse you because in abuse you give over your power to the other person. Don't give them your power. If you have a personal healthy boundary you will not attract the wrong type in your relationships.
- Don't take on others people's problems. You become a crutch and they can't solve their own problem. You will drown in their pain.
- If you are a parent and you want to know if you have done a good job giving abundant love to your child, then your child should have these traits:
- eager and motivated - your child should be eager to get out into the world and find their path
- sense of thankfulness - your child should be thankful about something, anything, large or small, but should be able to feel and express thankfulness
I loved it all. It affirms or gives one permission to say no to the high maintenance family member or friend, when you just can't listen or do or be for them any more because all your energy is being drained. Master Kambiz said that is what we are all looking for is energy. Don't give yours away. You do what you can and then you detach. I need to do this more. Or at least be mindful because it is so easy for me to get sucked in.
And I loved the traits for kids because I think, no I know, my kids have those traits and it gives me warmth to know I didn't totally screw them up!
Master Kambiz is having a free meditation (note the word free, it's now what I spend my time doing, looking for free stuff) on Monday evening. I can't wait to attend.
OHM......
No comments:
Post a Comment