Thursday, October 13, 2011

Aristocracy to Drug Cartel

That's been my world as of late.

I have watched all three seasons of Breaking Bad and the last few of Season 4.



I have been enmeshed in the world of Walter White, poor High School Chemistry teacher (oh how I can relate), who has been diagnosed with lung cancer (can't relate to this though).

Now what's a man to do, knowing his family will be left with nothing?

Why, he puts his talents to use and makes crystal meth.

And that leads to lots of blood, lots of death, lots of murder, just your every day mayhem.

And I was addicted.

What will become of poor Walter White?

Then I moved to something less sinister, Downton Abbey.

I love their world, well, only if I was the aristocrat.


And oh what a tangled web they weave as they work to manipulate others while maintaining their dignity and position. Maggie Smith plays a wonderful, opinionated matriarch. Elizabeth McGovern is the very calm and sweet mother.

The interplay between the servants' lives downstairs and the family upstairs is every bit the intrigue that keeps you wanting more.

So, if you wish to be transported to jolly England in the early 1900s, then this is so worth the time.

And if you are in to rock 'um sock 'um world of gore with a little black humor thrown in, Breaking Bad is just what you would be doing: breaking out and into the world of  BAD!


No comments:

Post a Comment