Today Apartment Therapy had a post about what to do when guests come over:
shoes on?
shoes off?
This is such a horrible dilemma as a host. I hate to ask people to remove their shoes if they are not prepared to show their socks or bare feet. I don't have as much difficulty as a guest because I can go prepared.
Two solutions that I really liked were -
1) Announce in the invitation that there is a shoes off policy.
Or
2) Better yet, provide slippers. And there are a couple of options here.
If you are crafty you could make some slippers. Gotta love that Martha and I so like this idea.
Or you can purchase some Chinese slippers like these.
Josh and Olivia lived near Chinatown when in Chicago and they purchased some Chinese slippers for all of us one Christmas. What fun to have lots on hand in a variety of colors.
However, I'm not sure I want slipper cost added to every hostess bill. But it's fun to think about and maybe when I see a bargain....


No comments:
Post a Comment